Do you wish to study MBBS abroad? It is a dream of many Indian students to study abroad and to study MBBS in Europe is a fantasy for various students.
Georgia is gradually enhancing as a popular destination to study MBBS in European countries. There are best and suitable universities in central Europe. Medical universities in Georgia offer courses which are both recognized by MCI and WHO.
Among the medical students just like you, who wish to pursue their higher study abroad, Georgia is becoming a popular destination. It can be very costly to study MBBS in India. Hence, in terms of affordability, you have other alternatives which can be Georgia, Ukraine, and Russia.
This has made Georgia trendy and popular among the Indian students.
List of MCI Approved Medical Colleges in Georgia
Have a look at MCI approved and popular medical universities in Georgia:-
- Batumi Shota Rustaveli State University
- AIETI Medical School
- David Agmashenebeli University of Georgia
- European University
- Akaki Tsereteli State University
- New Vision University, Tbilisi
- David Tvildiani Medical University
- High Medical School “Ayeti”
- Ivane Javakhashvili Tbilisi State University
- LLC Caucasus International University, Tbilisi
- Tbilisi State Medical University
- Geomedi Medical University Georgia
Advantages of Studying MBBS in Georgia
- When compared with private medical colleges in India, Georgian Universities offer you considerably better education. The main focus is that students should acquire practical expertise more than the theoretical knowledge.
- The MBBS and MD degrees from medical colleges in Georgia are acknowledged by international bodies like World Health Organization and UNESCO and hence, it guarantees success in the medical career of the students when students study from the Top MBBS Universities in Georgia.
- Students are given the opportunity to do the experiments, practical and clinical clerkship from 1st Semester onwards in the well equipped hospitals of the university with the great infrastructure and technology.
- Under the LISBON CONVENTION, students pursuing MBBS in Georgia Europe can apply for internship and further studies in 47 countries.
- The quality of accommodation in hostels is very good and Indian food is readily available at the hostels which will give a homely feeling to the Indian students.
- Indian students can get the best MBBS education from the best universities in Georgia at an affordable cost. Thus, it is the most affordable option for Indian students than private Indian medical colleges.
So, now that you have seen advantages of studying at medical universities in Georgia, it is important to know which are the documents required and the eligibility.
Documents required for MBBS in Georgia
The medical courses taught in the medical universities of Georgia are completely in English. For the bachelor’s program in medicine, you will have to submit the 12th standard mark sheet and certificate.
It is mandatory that you must qualify the intermediate (class 12th) from a recognized institution of any Indian university. You are required to submit the following documents, before registering for MBBS in Georgia:-
- 10th /12th passing certificate /mark sheet
- Birth Certificate
- Necessary College transcripts
- Health certificate which mentions the vaccinations.
- Valid Passport and Visa.
- Passport size photographs with white background.
- You must have completed 18 years of age.
- You must have passed 10+2 or equivalent qualification with at least 50% marks in Science stream and that too with Chemistry, Biology, and Physics as compulsory subjects if you are from general category.
- You must have passed 10+2 or equivalent qualification with at least 40% marks in Science stream and that too with Chemistry, Biology, and Physics as compulsory subjects if you are from general category.
After knowing about documentation and eligibility part, you must be worried about accommodation and other facilities at the university, isn’t it? So, let us find out about these facilities.
- The universities provide hostel facilities to international students.
- The students who do not wish to stay in a hostel have various other options like lodges, homestay with a host family, private apartments, hotels, etc. These are off-campus stays.
- Each university in Georgia can accommodate an average of 10-14 students in a class.
- Universities in Georgia offer same world class infrastructure just like North American and Western European medical universities which are much more costlier than Georgian universities.
- The universities have world class libraries with 5000 volumes of medical textbooks, manuals, guides and several audio-video aids.
- Computer rooms and internet facility has been made available for students.
- Cultural conferences are arranged for foreign nationals studying at the university.
- In the Georgian universities, frequent international conferences and seminars on medicine are held where medical pioneers and visionaries from all over the world join to teach and motivate the medical students so that they can learn, practice and develop medicine.
- There are great number of recreational activities according to each season in Georgia and hence a study in Georgia is interesting.
- The students are always encouraged by the educational administration to participate in outdoor and indoor sports and cultural activities.
- The base of many sports and activities in Georgia is the snow in winters and water in summers.
- After a long hectic week of studies, foreign students prefer to explore the scenic beauty of the country and surroundings through cycling tracks spread all over the city.
- They travel around the city by keeping the aim in mind of understanding nation’s culture by meeting people and visiting various tourist attractions.
- On campus sports facilities are available in universities and colleges of Georgia where one can participate in various indoor and outdoor sports activities.
- Theaters, shopping malls, amusement parks and restaurants are also available in the country Georgia.
Thus, you must have now understood about the eligibility criteria and documents required for studying MBBS in Georgia. Then, we have also seen about the accommodation and other facilities, and also about the recreational activities in Georgia.
Hence, Georgia can be the best place to study MBBS. Not only to study but MBBS in Georgia also has a wide career scope. Let’s have a look at it!
- After passing out from the universities in Georgia, students can apply for various responsible positions in different healthcare and medical industries which have their own specifications and can give shape to their dreams.
- For students, who pass out from the universities, a wide array of options is available.
- Nowadays, there is a significant rise in the healthcare industry and hence people opt for this service more.
- The students who pass out from the universities have a fair chance of getting a good job in high profile medical centers. These students can be future doctors.
- The faculties at the university are diverse and they are also known for their advanced teaching patterns adopted by them.
- Further, faculties also offer special attention towards the overseas students and they will also help them with the skills and knowledge necessary for churning out a successful career path.
Students who study ‘MBBS in Georgia’ have a large number of career opportunities not only in Georgia but also abroad, in other countries.
These career opportunities are not only limited to healthcare industry but they can expand in the areas like pharmaceutical services, nursing, dentist, occupational therapist, psychiatrists, laboratory technician, massage therapist and many more. Thus, ‘MBBS in Georgia’ has a vast scope.
Hence, you must think about Georgia as a good choice for studying MBBS and by this way you can make your dream of becoming a doctor come true!!
All the Best for your future!!!