In today’s competitive world, to secure admission to any good course and in a renowned college or university, you will have to face different entrance exams.
There are many different competitive exams for admission to courses such as engineering, medical, MBA, law, etc. and many more.
When the exam season is on, you will get stressed in varying ways. This examination stress can really squeeze out your energy.
It is really obvious to feel a certain amount of stress before any exam. If you want to become a high-achiever then you will obviously go through a certain kind of stress.
But what if the stress crosses its limits and eventually affects your performance? So, don’t let the pressure of the exam period affect your performance.
To relieve study stress and to feel relaxed, there are lots of ways! They will boost your learning potential too!
Let us explore which are those ways…!
Try to understand your body…!
- When you start stressing out, try to identify it and take a break.
- Stretch your body because stretching the body will also help relieve muscle tension, will increase circulation and will help you to focus your brain.
- Try to breathe in between as Breathing techniques are one of the quickest and easiest ways to relieve tension in the body and calm the mind.
The key to success is Time Management.
- Try to plan the day before the exam or the month prior to the exam month well before, so that you’ll know exactly what you need to do, and that you’ll have the time to cover everything you need.
- Creating a timetable will help make sure you fit the most important elements into the period of time you have left, even if you have less time than you would like.
- Start your day early so that you will have more time to plan your day and work on things. Because early morning is also a great time to study as your mind is fresh, and your body is well-rested.
Get plenty of Sleep.
- A fail-safe way to improve the quality of your sleep is going to bed at roughly the same time every night.
- A bedtime routine is also advised and it is beneficial because the body knows it is about to go to sleep and will relax in preparation.
- Proper sleep helps relax your body and mind, and it prepares you for the examination hall better. So, don’t even think of missing out on your sleep.
Some meditation or physical activity
- Some people prefer to meditate while some may find exercising a good way to relieve stress.
- Both the activities help to produce feel-good chemicals in our brain, which leads to a reduction in the stress levels in our body and mind.
- Regular exercise not only relieves stress but it can also improve concentration and mental awareness. If you are tired because of exercise then it will improve your sleep and automatically it will reduce your stress levels.
Take breaks in the open air
- Research shows that simply being outside lowers stress levels, even after a five-minute walk in the open air.
- You just need to find a nearest green space next time you need to take a study break and you’ll immediately feel less anxious and more clear-headed.
Talk to your friends or relatives
- If the pressure of exams is overwhelming and if you are feeling anxious about your exams and studies, then to handle the situation you can talk to your friends or relatives.
- You may find that your friends are also feeling the same as you and as the famous saying a problem shared is a problem halved.
Get the right snacks to relieve stress
- Consuming food and drinks that are high in sugar or caffeine will only heighten your stress, thus, instead, make sure you are putting healthy food into your body.
- Healthy food will help you stay calm and hopefully boost your brainpower, too.
- Blueberries, dark chocolate, and pistachio nuts are some of the best mood-boosting snacks. Pumpkin and sunflower seeds contain high levels of magnesium, and they are known to regulate emotions. But remember, whatever you eat, always eat in moderation.
- Try to avoid friends and family who make you tense. It may be because of their questions or comparing ability.
- Do not compare the amount of hard work which you have put in with anyone else because everyone has their own system of doing things.
Cook or Bake something for yourself
- Cook something for yourself, as just the thought of having something delicious to eat, can bring you joy.
- But whatever you cook should be something healthy too. As if you don’t feed your body well, you can’t feed your mind well.
Make yourself laugh and relaxed in between studies
- If you get too much-tired studying then give yourself a break by Watching a film, a TV show or listening to a podcast or a comedian that makes you laugh.
- Drink some herbal tea or a hot chocolate to relax. It’s a well-known fact that hot drinks are known to soothe the soul (but remember, avoid too much caffeine).
Take help to stay motivated
- You can find any of your friends, your parent, teacher or a mentor to keep you motivated.
- There would be certain periods during the exam time when you start losing your focus on the studies or you start losing hope, at such times the support of your mentor will keep you motivated and you will be on the right track mentally and emotionally.
Always try to be positive
- While you are preparing for exams, a positive mindset is very crucial.
- It will not only help you develop faith in your own hard work, but also boost your confidence level.
- You just have to believe in yourself and have a positive attitude towards your exam.
Try studying in groups
- If you study in groups, it will mitigate the tension that accompanies exams.
- By studying in groups, you can feel happier and calmer which will help you to improve your performance in the exam.
Give ample time to yourself
- During the exam time, it’s important that you take out some time to regain the energy spent in studying.
- Try to engage some time of your daily study schedule for some fun activities, depending on your personal preferences.
- These activities may involve playing video games, going out for a walk with your friends, listening to music, or reading, but make sure that you create a schedule which allows time for some rejuvenation.
We hope that these exam tips will help you to get through the examination season with ease.
But apart from the above-mentioned steps, self-motivation, a relaxed mind, and confidence in your own self are the things which are most important to keep stress away.
Try to wash out negative thoughts and fear from your mind and concentrate on the present. Do your best and you will definitely succeed in your exam!
We wish you all, all the very best!!