Posted on 10th May, 2019
Posted By Akash Yende
Do you wish to pursue MCA in India?
If yes, it is a very good decision. For doing MCA course first you must study BCA or any other graduation.
MCA is Masters in Computer Applications. It is a course which you can do after you complete BCA (Bachelor in Computer Applications).
After completing BCA, some students may prefer doing a job and then they may apply for distance MCA courses. But if you study a full-time MCA course then it will have a different impact on your career.
MCA is a full-time post graduation course of the duration 3 years offered by many colleges and universities in India.
If you do an MCA course, then it will improve the opportunities for you. It will also open many new job avenues for you. This course will improve your technical knowledge of computers.
By doing an MCA course, you can get many job offers in the IT sector, in product and in the service-based industries.
The eligibility criteria which a candidate has to fulfill for admission to MCA course is as follows:
- The student must have passed bachelor's degree in Computer Application or in related fields.
- Some institutes prefer merit-based admissions, in this case, a candidate needs to have secured minimum aggregate marks as per the institute’s requirement in last qualifying examination.
- The students must have studied maths as the main subject at (10+2) level are only eligible.
- The candidate must have cleared the bachelor's degree with minimum 50% to 60% aggregate marks.
MCA is a most vital degree which one can obtain as it has a large number of career opportunities. There are various colleges in India which offer this degree. The IT field is vast and thus students can choose any specific field in the IT industry.
Following are the few reasons for studying MCA course in India:
- It is important for students to secure admission in a good college because a good college determines future job opportunities of students.
- MCA degree holders can be sure of a bright career with a stable and satisfactory pay scale if they have gained the knowledge properly and they know how to put it to use.
- Students who study MCA from a recognized university can get various career opportunities outside India also.
- The world requires skilled IT professionals all the time, and hence this is one of the biggest advantages of pursuing MCA.
- For young professionals, an MCA degree will always open many doors.
- The job offers are not only limited to private sectors but an individual who holds a professional masters degree in computer application can get ample numbers of job offers in the private sector too.
- It is very important to gain knowledge about modern technology in today’s world.
- It is very important for students and everyone to stay updated about the modern innovations and technologies.
- MCA course does not only educate students with programming languages and tools but it also provides them with strong analytical and logical knowledge which helps them to become confident and skillful individuals.
- Rather than short term certifications, IT sector will always give more priority to professionals who hold a masters degree in computer application.
- A person who holds an MCA degree can execute various tasks such as software development, designing application on both web and mobile, database management, etc.
- Rather than hiring a few different employees for small individual tasks, organizations prefer hiring one skillful individual who can do various tasks.
We hope this information was useful for you, for finding information about different top MCA universities in India. Find the best suitable college for you, study hard and become successful!