One of the most prominent universities of the Qiqihar area is the Qiqihar Medical University. Quality education is provided by the university to the local students as well as to the students from other parts of the country or the world.
For its medical education and research as well as its study in the province, the University has been widely appreciated.
The University has been founded in 1946 and it is located in Qiqihar, Heilongjiang Province. QMU (Qiqihar Medical University) stands on the banks of the scenic river, Nenjiang. It is one of the older medical universities in China.
It is a large coeducational higher education institution. QMU has established friendly interscholastic relationships with many universities in the United States, Philippines, Russia, Japan, etc. as it lays great emphasis on exchange and cooperation.
- More than 10,000 students graduated from the university
- 22 research institutes & academic associations
- 30 teaching & training hospitals, 9 affiliated hospitals
- 458 scientific research projects
- Around 4623 teaching staff including professors & associate professors