Xi'an Jiaotong University is one of the oldest institutions of higher learning in China and it was founded in Shanghai in 1896 as the Nanyang Public College.
Xi’an Jiaotong University has its focus on Science and engineering and it is a comprehensive research-oriented university.
Xi'an Jiaotong University is located in the urban setting of the large city of Xi'an (with the population range of 1,000,000 -5,000,000 inhabitants), Shaanxi and it is a non-profit public higher education institution.
Under the direct jurisdiction of the Ministry of Education, Xi'an Jiaotong is a national key university.
Its predecessor institution was founded in Shanghai in 1896 and was split into two institutions in 1956: Xi'an Jiaotong universities and Shanghai Jiao Tong.
In 9 areas including medicine, economics, management, science, engineering, literature and arts, law, and philosophy, Xi'an Jiaotong University offers different programs.
- 74 UG Programs, 199 Master Programs, 114 Doctoral Programs
- 16 Members of the American Academy of Engineering
- 5000 international students from 52 countries
- Member of the Chinese Academy of Science
- 8 Affiliated teaching hospitals
- Ranked 90th as per Asia University ranking
- Accommodated total area of 256.78 hectares