About Vellore Institute of Technology
Vellore Institute of Technology, Chennai was founded in 1984 recognized by University Grant Commission (UGC). The aim of the institute is providing quality education with international standard.
VIT is headed by its founder Dr. G. Viswanathan offering world-class education recognized by Government of Tamil Nadu.
VIT provides excellent student exchange programs and faculty encourages program to route the curriculum at VIT.
VIT was the first institute in India to put into practice the Fully Flexible Credit System (FFCS) which gives students freedom to make their own time tables by selecting the subjects & faculties under whose direction they want to study.
A vision of the institute:
- To impart futuristic technical education through high patterns of discipline by providing dedicated staff members.
- To establish global standard technologically and ethically to improve quality of life.
- To educate the students from rural and urban areas to become a enlightened individual improving the living standard of society
Important artifacts about VIT:
- 360-acre campus with 50.83 lakh sq.ft. built up space.
- 6285 students were studied at VIT.
- 381 faculty and 147 staff members.
- Limca book of records for campus recruitment
- 170-acre campus at Chennai