Walchand Institute of Technology, Solapur was established in July 1983 by Shri Aillak Pannalal Digambar Jain pathshala Trust named after Seth Walchand Hirachand.To maintain a high academic and technological standard is the main era of trust and Governing body of the Institute.
With the inspiration of Seth Walchand Hirachand, the college delivers high proficiency in the academic and professional career of students.
Institute is affiliated with Solapur university providing the courses in various fields like production, computer, environmental, electronics, mechanical engineering etc.
A vision of the Institute
- To produce young professional graduates/postgraduate/doctoral engineers for facing the challenges of globalization and modernization for the overall growth of the society.
- To impart quality education by conducting various academic programs.
- To provide an advanced learning process to students by creating awareness in the field of science and technology.
- To deliver industrial exposure to students by developing critical thinking, creativity, and discipline.
- To create consciousness among the students for engineering ethics, human values, social values, and outreach programs.
- Enhance the knowledge of students to achieve community and society development, social responsibility and accountability.