Home / Xavier Institute of Management Entrepreneurship
About Xavier Institute of Management & Entrepreneurship
Xavier Institute of Management and Entrepreneurship (XIME) is one of the top-rated Business School in Bangalore.
Under the leadership of Prof. J. Philip, former Director of IIM Bangalore, established it in 1991.Currently, XIME has campuses in 3 strategic locations - Bangalore, Chennai, and Kochi.
The institute’s 2-year, residential, full-time PGDM Programme is a flagship programme which is AICTE approved with an annual intake of 180 students at Bangalore and 120 students each at Chennai and Kochi.
It is surrounded by neighbors like TCS, Hewlett Packard, and Infosys.
The campus of XIME Banglore always vibrates with activities such as conferences, student competitions, conventions, short-term industry-relevant programmes, and cultural activities, along with excellent co-curricular activities.
180 students can be admitted to the PGDM programme at XIME Bangalore every year.
Highlights of XIME, Banglore
Selection is based on
Minimum 50% marks or equivalent CGPA for General for all subjects taken together (45% in case of SC or ST category) and a score of 75 percentile and above in any of the given Entrance Tests XAT, in absence of XAT, CAT, CMAT, MAT, ATMA, GMAT, etc. scores will be considered or 75% in GMAT.
Online or Offline
Name of Entrance
XAT test conducted by XLRI
Affiliations, Recognitions, and Achievement
1. The institute is affiliated to Banglore University.
2. It is approved by UGC and accredited by the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE), New Delhi.
3. The institute is 21st best in Aspiring Students Perception and 17th best in the Stakeholders' Perception.
4. As per Business Today, XIME is 26th best in the country and the 2nd best in Karnataka after IIM-B.
5. In May 2014, the ‘Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programmes’ (ACBSP) which is a reputed global accreditation agency based in USA has awarded ‘XIME, Bangalore’ an International Accreditation for its PGDM programme.
6. The United States' Accreditation Council has accredited the XIME institute for Business Schools and Programs.
7. XIME has collaborations with some of the following institutions like:-
AIMS - Association of Indian Management Schools
BMA - Bangalore Management Association
ABBS - Business Schools’ Association of BRICS (Brazil, Russia, India, China, and South Africa)
CII - Confederation of Indian Industry
ISTD - Indian Society for Training and Development
IAABS - Indian Association of Autonomous Business Schools
XAMI - Xavier Association of Management Institutes
8. XIME has AICTE’s approval for its full-time residential PGDM programme. Right now XIME has an approved intake of:
180 students at Bangalore campus
120 students at Kochi campus
120 students at Chennai campus.
Benefits of Studying MBA at XIME
This institute has consistently found among the top 30 management schools in India.
XIME is the first management institute to have become AICTE recognized.
XIME has a beautiful state of the art wi-fi enabled campus.
XIME shares a good rapport with the industries as companies like Siemens, Wipro, HP, GE, TCS, etc. are just neighboring the campus.
The PGDM program at XIME comprises of a mandatory study of a foreign language to provide global orientation for its students.
To enhance the quality of teaching, XIME collaborates with different institutions and industries.
XIME has a separate placement cell for the benefit of its students and it has always had a 100% placement record.
Xavier Institute of Management - Fee Structure 2019
The total fees for the 2 years PGDM programme is Rs.10 lakh, including the -
Alumni membership & everything in between
Eligibility Criteria: MBA Course at XIME
1. An applicant must have to appear for XAT entrance test conducted by XLRI and score 75% and above in it.
2. In absence of XAT, scores from CAT, MAT, CMAT, GMAT etc. can be considered.
3. The basic eligibility criteria are:-
The applicant must possess a Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline from a recognized university with a minimum aggregate of 50% marks for all subjects taken together (or 45% for SC/ST candidates).
Applicants who are currently in the final year of their graduation, awaiting results and are confident of securing a minimum of 50% aggregate marks may also apply.
However, until then, they should have maintained an average of 50% marks in the degree course.
Admission Procedure at XIME (MBA Program)
The candidates who are eligible for the course as per the eligibility criteria can fill an application form with application fees of Rs.1500.
Before filling the form, candidates must have appeared for the XLRI's entrance test, XAT, in absence of which CAT/CMAT/MAT scores will be considered.
Candidate’s work experience will also be considered at the time of admission.
These scores in the entrance exam in addition to group discussion (GD) and personal interview (PI) will finalize the admission.
Courses Offered at XIME
1. XIME offers a comprehensive Post Graduate Diploma Programme in Management (PGDM) of two-year duration. The institute admits 180 students each year in the program and follows a trimester system.
2. To provide global orientation for its students, the program covers a mandatory study of a foreign language.
3. The PGDM of Xavier Institute of Management & Entrepreneurship, Bangalore offers six specializations which are as follows -
4. The University of Mysore has recognized XIME (Xavier Institute of Management & Entrepreneurship) as a Research Centre from the academic year 2015 -16.
5. Providing a nurturing and challenging environment for its doctoral students is the aim of XIME Research Centre Ph.D. programme.
Ranking and Reputation
It is the 2nd best B-school in Karnataka after IIM-B, according to Business Today.
Month & Year
MHRD, NIRF Govt of India
All India - Private Sector
Important Dates for MBA Admissions 2019 at JMI
Last date for submitting the completed application form and payment of application fees
27 February, 2019
Dates for GD/ PI at the 7 centers
First week of March, 2019 onwards
Declaration of Results (via email only)
First week of April, 2019
Payment of two installments of fees
PGDM programme (for the year 2019 - 2021) commences on
17 June, 2019
XIME Placements for MBA Students
XIME has a separate placement cell for the benefit of its students. The cell also arranges internships for the students.
XIME Bangalore Placements are often centralized and the eligible students from Bangalore, Kochi, and Chennai pass through the same placement process.
For placement process, each institute at each place has its placement cell which helps students in providing proper support and direction. It has succeeded in maintaining an excellent record all through the years.
It has always had a 100% placement record.
The average salary for XIME placements is Rs.6.05 lakh per annum and a highest of Rs.12 lakh or more per year.
Top Recruiting Companies at XIME
Bank of Maharashtra
Bayer India Ltd.
Facilities available at XIME
XIME is located in the electronic city and has a beautiful state-of-the-art campus that is Wi-Fi-enabled.
The infrastructure offered at XIME is one of the best.
The classrooms at XIME can accommodate 40 to 150 students.
At XIME, there is a well-stocked library that is home to over 18,000 books.
Conference rooms of the institute also provide video-conferencing facilities and are well maintained.
There is a well-equipped computer lab with over 100 systems.
At the XIME campus, there are many other facilities for students such as cafes, students lounge, sports clubs, Gym, Indoor Games, health clubs etc.
There are separate hostels for boys and girls.
The college arranges industrial tours for students.
Want to Study in Abroad?
Get free counseling by our experts & know more about top universities in abroad with fee structure.
We hate SPAM and promise to keep your information safe.