University of Alberta, Canada

Alberta, Canada



Rating 4.6/5

Check Review


About University of Alberta, Canada

The University of Alberta ( U of A ) is the top ranked public institute established in 1908. It offers a plethora of undergraduate and graduate programs with overall 600 various courses. University also furnishes credential and professional courses for the students to sharpen their skills.

University is the fifth largest institution in Canada with 40,061 students spread across 156 countries over five campuses. So, it is named as unique place across the province.

U of A is the top engineering institute at 112th QS subject rank, that provides 17 bachelor degrees, 16 masters degrees and 3 doctoral degrees.

UAlberta is considered as a gateway to all international students as it provides a separate international service centre to help the students in their enquiries. The services include virtual chat, live online advising and virtual advising appointments.

University of Alberta - Quick Review

Before applying for various courses, applicants should have to know some basic information of the University:

Institute Type




No. of Campuses


Annual Tuition Fees (approx)

Engineering: $8,750 - $39,500
$23,200 - $35,000
Arts: $11,400 - $29,500
Law: $47,314

Study Options



Undergraduate and Graduate Programs

Accepted Examination

English language exam

Course Duration

Engineering: 15 months - 4 years
Business: 20 months - 3 years
Arts: 2-5 years
Law : 3 years

University Ranking

World - 131
Country - 5

Teaching Medium

English language

Why Choose University of Alberta for Higher Studies?

Below are some of the reasons why the University of Alberta is considered as best in the world:

  • UAlberta is the ideal destination to pursue study in Canada as it offers 500 graduate programs and 200 undergraduate programs.

  • It is the home for the quality education system, accordingly scored with 329 ranks among universities.

  • UofA is one of the world's most globally connected universities, with approximately 400 teaching and research connections in 50 countries.

  • Almost 80% of courses will be offered in person, with the remaining 20% intended to be delivered online.

  • You are able to involve over 450 student groups to find something to do during your time at the University.

  • Campus & Community Recreation can help the students to find a fitness class, professional assistance, or a place to begin active.

  • The college explores library tools including online research support, internet access, and touchdown spaces.

  • Students can associate with faculty-led cohorts which are offered from the university, to get familiarized with their academic program from the Residents.

  • The all-access meal plan at Lister Residence and Peter Lougheed Hall (PLH) allows students unrestricted access to their respective dining halls throughout the school year.

  • The university guides Campus Visits Program tours to learn more about campus residences.

University of Alberta (UofA) Ranking 2022

Students can check out the institution’s ranking from the table below:

World Country


Which Facilities Provided at UofA?

Have a look at the modern facilities for the students provided by UAlberta:

  • Recreation facilities

  • Residence tour

  • Sports

  • Physical activity and wellness center

  • Multi-purpose studios

  • Fitness and Lifestyle center

  • Indoor track

  • Tennis courts

  • Multiple Gymnasiums

  • Dance studios

  • Various meeting rooms

Cost of Living in Canada for Indian Students

The students can check out their monthly expenses in advance before moving to the university:

Particulars Approx Range in CAD ($) Approx Range in Rupees


$200 - $300

Rs. 11,600 -17,400 Rs.


Included in tuition fee (Pass)

Included in tuition fee (Pass)


$900 - $1200

Rs. 52,200 - 69,600 Rs.


$240 - $450

Rs. 13,920 - 26,100 Rs.

Internet and mobile phone


9,860 Rs.



4,350 Rs.

Cost of Living Total

$1585 - $2195

Rs. 91,930 - 1,27,310Rs

Note:1 CAD($) = 58 Rs. ( for calculation purpose )

Are you Interested?
Register Now To Apply

By submitting this form, you accept and agree to our Terms of use

3FCS-05, Ansal plaza, opposite Dabur Chowk, Sector-1, Near- Income Tax Office, Vaishali, Ghaziabad, Uttar Pradesh - 201010

Select Your University © 2022-23. All Rights Reserved.